Saturday, December 20, 2008

Day 14

So, this is simple, but not quite. The background is solid silver and the dots are black. This is the first time I have used an image without a high contrast ratio, so I significantly upped the ante on this one. I stuck with a recognizable subject ( a face because people naturally see faces everywhere says Walter Benjamin) and of course, one dear to my heart, Molly, not only is she people, but she's my favorite one. Each dot lovingly placed, tediously placed. So, the silver background is a reference to Warhol's silver paintings, as his homage to the silver screen from which he took so much of his source material, but the technique is only Warhol-esque in the sense that it is completely the antithesis to his technique--the technique is closer to Chuck Close who is all about painterly human qualities. So, to Chuck, enjoy, also, since you're rich, can I have some of your many many monies?

No comments: