Saturday, December 6, 2008

Day 3


So, today is a Lichtenstein girl. Background is somewhat of my personal trademark. I guess the swirls go back to a piece I did when I first started painting where I tried to approximate Van Gogh's style--next painting I made after was even length strokes with no objects and no realism. Safe to say it was my first abstract painting. And I feel like people like my abstract work, but it doesn't speak to them in the same way it does to me, so in that sense, they are mostly a failure. Pop however speaks to a part of people that already exists, it speaks their internal language and sink deeper than something as personal as my abstract work. I'm glad people like something of mine and I'm trying to combine the two and see if it sticks--this piece represents as basic a combination as possible.

No comments: